Sunday, October 30, 2005

Let's ride with the family down the street...

Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet!

After hurricane Wilma, that is practically neccesary! My sister down in Tamarac sent these pics of her neighborhood, hours after the storm had passed. She is still without power as is my father. They have to wait in lines for hours in order to get gas to power up their generator, and must fill only gas cans or cars, not both. She says that the power lines in her neighborhood are exactly as they are pictured today.



Ma Nature is in control. No foolin!

This tree took a giant shit...

As did these ones...


My sister wonders why there isn't wall to wall coverage and long lists of people donating for their disaster. My Dad's girlfriend wants her FEMA card. I just had to laugh! My Dad's place took some damage, destroying his Florida room and very nearly tearing off his roof. My sisters place didn't suffer anything other than the partial loss of their orange tree, though her two next-door neighbors suffered extensive damage to their houses and yards.

4 Comments:

At Mon Oct 31, 08:54:00 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Whoa, those powerlines are not safe! That's some shit from that tree.

Really though, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's home. But I'm glad they are safe. I'll say some prayers for your family.

 
At Mon Oct 31, 10:01:00 AM, Blogger waltoncad said...

No real need for prayers now, as it seems most wree answered. I wish I was knowledgable and could post videos! My brother-in-law took one during the storm from their back yard and then took one after the worst had passed and the destruction of their neighbors house and yard was pretty amazing considering that nothing happened to their house.

 
At Mon Oct 31, 10:21:00 AM, Blogger AFSister said...

Wow....
Their house is ok, but the trees and powerlines are destroyed. Abso-frikkin-amazing.

I love the picture of the uprooted tree with the grass attached.

 
At Tue Nov 01, 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Well, that's good to know. But I still hope that anyone else dealing with serious damage will get what they need to repair their homes and what not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home