Friday, October 21, 2005

Who are you? Who, who, who, who?

I really wanna know...Well AFSister wants to know. She also tells a much funnier story than mine!

My first e-mail address was from a nick-name that was given to me by another bartender, who was very Irish. I am something like half Irish and large chunk Italian, and seeing that my last name is crazy long and Italian, and I look Irish what with my fair skin, freckles and hazel/green eyes, Irish dude started calling me McDago. Just his way of expressing himself, and he was a funny guy that was well respected, so it kind of stuck. Right about that time the internet was getting major popular (AOL had just started the unlimited internet for $19.95/mo thingy) and so I bought my first computer, a Compaq Presario 486 and jumped online. When I wanted some anonymity, I posted my alter-ego McDago up there and off I went! I pretty much stayed that for a while, using variations like adding an 82 for the 82nd (though it sometimes made people think that I was born in 82) until meeting the Great One . At that point I was still using it, but on an AOL account. When we moved to Germany, we lived in Stuttgart and I needed an account to stay in touch with my family and we were waiting for all of our things in transit. I went to the library and registered for a free Yahoo account and chose the moniker "stuttgartcad" and that was that. The city where we lived and the very first part of my long ass Italian name. Now that we are here in Fort Walton Beach, waltoncad is just an updated form. I still use the stuttgartcad e-mail, and now have all sorts of crap out there in cyber-space registered under these three nicknames...

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 21, 03:49:00 PM, Blogger AFSister said...

lol... liked the were-kitten story, eh?
I still have the scares to prove it too! haha....

I like your "stuttgartcad" name- it's fun knowing how you came up with it.

Thanks for the link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home